ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can properties be returned to a calling ant script?
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:34:14 GMT
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Dave Rathnow <dave.rathnow@wrx-ca.com> wrote:

> 1. Can you translate the path from a relative to absolute name
> and then to it's platform format. (We develop on Windows and
> MacOS)

<property name="foo" location="bar"/>

will set the property named foo to the absolute path of bar (relative
to your projects basedir) and translate it according to your local OS
conventions at the same time.

If your path is not relative to basedir, you can play some tricks with
fileset, path and pathconvert.

> 2. Can you have a called Ant script define properties which
> can be picked up by the calling Ant script.

Write them to a file that gets read back in by the parent build
process.  Most of the time, you don't want to do this 8-)

Stefan