ant-user mailing list archives

From Kell Sønnichsen <kell.sonnich...@uni-c.dk>
Subject Xdoclet drowning in log4j DEBUG messages
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:47:08 GMT
Hi all,

We have a project where the 'xdoclet' target is spinning out of control
with megabytes of debug messages from log4j. This means that the target
takes about 20 minutes to finish!

The target is specified like this:

<target name="xdoclet">
  <taskdef
     name="ejbdoclet"
     classname="xdoclet.ejb.EjbDocletTask"
     classpathref="compile.class.path"
  />
  <ejbdoclet
    sourcepath="${ejb.src}"
    destdir="${xdoclet.src}"
    excludedtags="@version,@author"
    ejbspec="2.0"
    classpathref="compile.class.path"

    <packageSubstitution packages="ejb" substituteWith="interfaces"/>
  </ejbdoclet>
</target>

I don't know whether it is a xdoclet problem or an ant problem but I
have tried to find a way to tell log4j where to find it's configuration
file. And _that_ is an ant problem. How do I deliver a property file
through the layers ant -> xdoclet -> log4j ?

Alternatively, does anybody know how to make xdoclet/log4j shut up in
another way than specifying it in an log4j.properties file?

We are using:
- Linux 2.4 (debian)
- Ant 1.5
- Xdoclet 1.2.0b1 (but also 1.1.2 had the problem)
- Log4j 1.2.6

Regards,
/Kell Sønnichsen.