ant-user mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: documentation of delta between 1.5 and 1.5.1?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:23:19 GMT
Thanks again Stefan,

Good to know we're not alone.  I guess we'll just have to avoid calling the
<zip> task on these JDK's.

Thanks,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           Stefan Bodewig   |
|         |           <bodewig@apache.o|
|         |           rg>              |
|         |           11/13/2002 11:47 |
|         |           "Ant Users List" |

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, <neilg@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> we've had NPE's thrown when using the <zip> task.  Seems to only
> occur on IBM JDK 1.3.0/1.3.1, especially on WinNT.  Never
> observed this before upgrading to 1.5.

This is a known issue (that is marked WONTFIX, but would be better
worded as CANTFIX in bugzilla).

All people that reported the problem also reported it went away by
either disabling the JIT or upgrading the JDK (or switching to a
Sun JDK).  Ant 1.5 triggers a bug in IBM's JIT.

Stefan