ant-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Wulff" <oliver.wu...@zurich.ch>
Subject Antwort: Re: condition for exec task
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:30:26 GMT

I want to do a check before executing my task ("exec" or "apply") because
this task takes a lot of time.
In general, it's only necessary to execute this task in 10%.

Oliver

                      Stefan Bodewig

                      <bodewig@apache.         An:      ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      org>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:   Re: condition for exec task

                      26.11.2002 12:46

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Ant Users

                      List"

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Oliver Wulff <oliver.wulff@zurich.ch> wrote:

> I want to check whether a file is newer than others using the task
> "uptodate".  If it is I want to execute the task "exec".

Are you sure that you don't want to use <apply> and drop <uptodate>
completely.

> Can I only do this by adding a target and using the if attribute?

If the answer to my question above is "yes", this is the only built-in
way.

Stefan