ant-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Wulff" <oliver.wu...@zurich.ch>
Subject Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: condition for exec task
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:14:13 GMT

see inline!

                      Stefan Bodewig

                      <bodewig@apache.         An:      ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      org>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:   Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: condition
for exec task
                      26.11.2002 17:33

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Ant Users

                      List"

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Oliver Wulff <oliver.wulff@zurich.ch> wrote:

>> I guess you mean if I set the attribute "dest".

>Yes.

>> I show you my complete case:

>Thanks.

>> When I execute the idl compiler on each idl, it generates a lot of
>> java files (200-400). Afterwards, it will compile them.

>So each idl maps to n .java files, right?
yes!

>> <uptodate property="idl.compile" targetfile="${idl.dir}/Base.idl">
>>   <srcfiles dir="${classes.dir}/com/zurich/chz/orb" includes="
**/*.class"/>
>> </uptodate>

>Isn't the logic reversed here?  Source would be the IDL file and
>target would be the whole bunch of classes.
The manual says: Sets a property if a target file or set of target
files is more up-to-date than a source file or set of source files.
I guess that's right. If the IDL file is newer then recompile.

>All .class files get compiled at the same time, so if one of them is
>older than the IDL file, all need to be regenerated.  Am I correct?
Yes

>Are the names of the .class files predictable - at least so that you
>Aknow one of them per IDL file?  In that case, something like
Unfortunately not. The content of the IDL (interface name, ...) maps
to the Java classes.

<apply executable="idl-compiler">
<arg ...>
  <srcfile/>

  <fileset dir="..." includes="*.idl"/>
  <mapper ...>
</apply>

>where I hope it would be possible to write a regexp mapper to get a
>single .java or .class file name from the name of the IDL file.

>In this case, only the IDL files that are newer than the corresponding
>.java (.class) files would get passed to the compiler.

Stefan