ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vijay Gupta" <>
Subject Re: Compiling 2 files
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:30:46 GMT

Hi Conor,

Directory structure and package structure is ok. I tried with -debug option
and I found out the problem
it was copying old .class files for some files

Thanks for response.

                    Conor MacNeill
                    <conor@cortexebusine       To:     Ant Users List <>
          >                 cc:
                                               Subject:     Re: Compiling 2 files
                    10/31/02 08:34 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "Ant Users List"

Vijay Gupta wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have some problem with ant, I am trying to compile files.
> My folder has 46 files in sub directories, but when i run ant it says
> compiling 14 files..
> moreover it gives compilation errors saying can not resolve symbol in
> files
> when I cross checked the files they seems to be correct.
> If I compile same directory from dos prompt, It compiles everything,
> I am attaching build script here.

I'd suggest you start by running Ant with the -debug option. There will be
lot of output but the javac task generally tells you what files it is
considering, and which ones it is not. A common source of these problems is

that your directory layout does not match your package structure.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>