ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rajat Gupta" <Rajat.Gu...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: is command line input possible when running <java>?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:26:07 GMT
Hello Jacob,
  Try the exec command. The 'executable' parameter should be 'java' and you
can pass arguments to it through the 'arg' tag.

Rajat

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 11:36 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: is command line input possible when running <java>?

Hi,

I'm running some demos from my ant build file with the <java> task.   A
couple of the demos are gui apps and I've had no problem with
them.  However, now I have an app that takes command line input and it
doesn't seem to be able to take any user input from the console.  Is there
a way to make this work for <java>?  Are there other tasks in Ant that will
allow this?  Any suggestions?  Of course a user can just run it from the
command line, but I'd like to have all the demos available to run via ant
targets.

Jake