ant-user mailing list archives

From "detlef brendle" <detlef.bren...@canoo.com>
Subject RE: Unable to Update WAR file
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:07:42 GMT
this is a know bug in ANT 1.5.1. It affects tar/war/zip task.
The zip task checks only if the source files you  whish to add to an
existing zip are more recent than the zip.
A workaround would be to <touch millis="0" /> the zip file before adding.

dont know whether its already fixed in the latest built.
check the bugtracking database if you like to know.

regards,
detlef
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Yalavarthi, Vasu [mailto:vyalavarthi@informatica.com]
  Sent: Sonntag, 10. November 2002 07:52
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: Unable to Update WAR file

  Hi,
   I have written an ANT build script to generate a J2EE web application
file(WAR).
  I am creating the WAR file in one target and trying to include more files
to it in another target using the update="true" attribute.
  But it is not updating the WAR file at all.

  Am i missing something or is it a know problem?

  The following is the target which is trying to update the WAR file...

    <target name="vasu_war" depends="war">
      <war destfile="${websphere.build.dir}/${ant.project.name}WebApp.war"
update="true">
        <fileset dir="${source}/jsp">
            <include name="**/vasujsp/**"/>
         </fileset>