ant-user mailing list archives

From "Roy Truelove" <rtruel...@ipicorp.com>
Subject hack? - Custom task, java.lang.VerifyError error
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:49:21 GMT
Hello all,

	I seem to be the victim of a "hack" in 1.5.1 (jvm 1.3.1_4).  I'm getting
the following error when ant is initially trying to load my custom task :

------

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/ipicorp/anttasks/TaglibAdd, method:
getXmlDoc
 signature: (Ljava/io/InputStream;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;) Incompatible
object a
rgument for function call
        at java.lang.Class.getConstructors0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1072)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.initializeClass(AntClassLoader.ja
va:482)
etc....
------

Right above line 482 in AntClassLoader.java is the following comment :

        // ***HACK*** We ask the VM to create an instance
        // by voluntarily providing illegal arguments to force
        // the VM to run the class' static initializer, while
        // at the same time not running a valid constructor.

Um... is there a workaround to this?  I wasn't getting the error before, so
I'm guessing a change in my environment will fix it.. I have no idea what I
did differently to start this happening.

Thanks for the help,
Roy