ant-user mailing list archives

From "P.S.Mahesh" <psmah...@cisco.com>
Subject Java compiler runs out memory
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:54:49 GMT
Hi folks.

I want to compile a whole bunch of Java files under a folder and its
subfolders. I am using the enclosed build.xml. When I give this file and run
ant. The ant program runs and lists all the files it needs to compile. Then
the compiler throws a java.lang.out.ofmemory error and ant exits.

When I  used to build the same folder and the same number of files with
nmake utility. This never happened. Later when I tried to compile just one
folder then it succesfully compiled it.

How can I make a recursive compilation without ant or the javac compiler
throwing a memory exception.

regards,
Mahesh.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="postoffice" default="build">

    <property name="cer1.dir" value="E911/com" />

    <property name="src1.dir" value="${cer1.dir}"/>

    <property name="build.dir" value="C:/E911"
description="where the jars will end up" />

    <!--
         Build the code
    -->
    <target name="build">
        <mkdir dir="${build.dir}" />

        <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}">

        </javac>
    </target>

</project>