ant-user mailing list archives

From "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ETa...@blr.cognizant.com>
Subject RE: New competition for Ant on the block
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:24:49 GMT
Bram Moolenar (vim's author) is aap's creator. If he gets it right, then we
could get a build tool that not only is cross-platform but also
cross-language.

Interesting to see how it does.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 9:06 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: New competition for Ant on the block

Might be bit provocative to post this on an Ant forum, but I've just come
across an Ant-like (or maybe I should say Make-like) build tool project
managed by the creator of VIM, the best text editor in the world ;-) (or is
that emacs? ;-)

Seems quite a bit different that Ant, but it's always healthy to look at the
good ideas of other projects in the same realm too. Seems like it uses
Python as a cross-platform alternative to shelling-out like in Make, kind of
like Java is used in Ant. It's currently not cross language (C-only), but
clearly intends to be.

Just an FYI I guess: http://www.a-a-p.org/index.html

--DD