ant-user mailing list archives

From "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <>
Subject RE: fileset: exlude a dir not to be touched by ant?
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:39:15 GMT
do a

<exclude name="**/System*/**" />
for excluding all directories having "System" in their paths.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf Schumacher []
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 5:38 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: fileset: exlude a dir not to be touched by ant?

Sorry not to include the ant source - and: no, dir=C:\ and exclude
the error message remains

<project name="clean hard disk" default="clean">
    <target name="clean">
            <fileset dir="C:\" defaultexcludes="no">
                <include name="**/*.class"/>
                <include name="**/*.*~"/>
                <include name="**/*.bak"/>
                <exclude name="System*"/>

By the way: I'm never sure as I have to escape the backslash or not,
but in this case I tried both.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, schumacher <> wrote:
>>I cannot exclude a directory from being touched.
>>The solution has to be simple, any advice?
>As you are not givin the full context, the answer is difficult.
>Does the hint that name="foo" expects foo to be a path relative to the
>dir attribute of the fileset and *not* an absolute path help?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>