ant-user mailing list archives

From "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ETa...@blr.cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Convert solaris-Makefiles to Ant-Format
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:22:58 GMT
Hi,

See the FAQ about the DTD: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#dtd

I don't think there is a tool available for converting Makefiles to Ant
files.

If the Makefiles are huge, why don't you try installing cygwin on windows
and using gnu make ?

Cheers,
Tarun

-----Original Message-----
From: sangeeta choudhari [mailto:ssc09@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 10:07 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Convert solaris-Makefiles to Ant-Format

Hi,
   I have a project developed and running on Solaris 2.8 and I
want to port it on windows xp. I have all the Makefiles stored in
the
packages.
  Is there any way I can use Ant tool to convert these Makefiles
into Ant-readable format?

   Do I need to put the entries of each package in the build.xml
file [I have more than 20 packages in each module].

   Also, can I get the dtd for the build.xml for java compiling.
always get the msg - "Config file is not of expected XML type".

Thanks,
ssc09