ant-user mailing list archives

From "Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant)" <ETa...@blr.cognizant.com>
Subject RE: ANT_HOME problem on Windows Me
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:30:39 GMT
Try doing the following checks..

a Go to the command line and type java.. see whether java.exe is in the
path..
b Do a java -version.. check if correct java is in the path..
c Do a %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java..
d Try also doing a %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant at the command line. That should come
up.

These are just suggested sanity checks...usually one tends to mistype the
paths in environment variables.

Hope that helps,
Tarun

-----Original Message-----
From: todd thorner [mailto:tthorner@lycos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 6:44 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ANT_HOME problem on Windows Me

Ok, I've searched through the archives but couldn't find exactly the answer
I need.

I'm new to Ant, and just installed it on Windows Me into the following
directory:

C:\devtools\ant

I changed my autoexec.bat to include the following lines:

set ANT_HOME=C:\devtools\ant
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

Now, when I reboot, open a MS-DOS window and enter "ant" at the prompt, I
get the following:

"ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located.  Please set
ANT_HOME"

I see a file called "ant.bat" (among others) inside C:\devtools\ant\bin

So what gives?  Thanks for any help.