ant-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Voisin <benoit.voi...@ergoidp.dk>
Subject RE: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: condition for exec task
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:12:45 GMT
What about generating a flag file after you generate the idls. It's not
perfect but it works. Just remember to delete the flag file if you delete
any idl.

You can then use this flag file has your targetfile in the uptodate task.

<build-Idls/>
<echo message="nothing" file="Idl.flag"/> (or <concat with all the idls in
the fileset>)

[...]
<uptodate property="idl.compile" targetfile="Idl.flag"> ....

//Benoit

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Wulff [mailto:oliver.wulff@zurich.ch]
Sent: 26 November 2002 14:05
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: condition for exec task

I guess you mean if I set the attribute "dest".

I show you my complete case:

I've got several corba idls: Base.idl, Test.idl, ...

When I execute the idl compiler on each idl, it generates a lot of java
files (200-400). Afterwards, it will compile them.

I wanted to check if one of the Idl's are newer than the generated classes
like:
<uptodate property="idl.compile" targetfile="${idl.dir}/Base.idl">
<srcfiles dir= "${classes.dir}/com/zurich/chz/orb" includes="**/*.class"/>
</uptodate>

The problem is that the Idl's are listed in a fileset and I can define only
one file in the targetfile.
I haven't find a solution with a mapper.

Oliver

                      Stefan Bodewig

                      <bodewig@apache.         An:
ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
                      org>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:   Re: Antwort: Re:
condition for exec task
                      26.11.2002 13:38

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Ant Users

                      List"

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Oliver Wulff <oliver.wulff@zurich.ch> wrote:

> I want to do a check before executing my task ("exec" or "apply")
> because this task takes a lot of time.

The built-in uptodate check of <apply> will take as long as the

Stefan