ant-user mailing list archives

From FY...@dacsystems.com
Subject RE: New User - Problem - RESOLVED
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:12:25 GMT

Hello,

I resolved the issue by physically adding "C:\jdk1.3.1_02\lib\tools.jar" to
the CLASSPATH variable.

In the batch file ant.bat, there exists a statement:

 - if exist "%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" call "%ANT_HOME%\bin\lcp.bat"
"%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar"

When this statement was executed, the result was:

 - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

The intent of lcp.bat is to add the parameter passed to the front of the
LOCALCLASSPATH temporary variable.  So, physically adding it resolved the
issue for me.

Thanks to all who responded in an attempt to help me out.  Now, I'll get on
to the *real* problems.

Fred Yale