ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Francis" <scott.fran...@newisys.com>
Subject RE: OS supported by exec Task
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:25:58 GMT
I think this was in a previous reply, but check out this website...should have your answers

http://www.tolstoy.com/samizdat/sysprops.html

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajat Gupta [mailto:Rajat.Gupta@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 10:00 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: OS supported by exec Task

Hi Scott,
  I have already looked into it and wasn't able to find this value defined
anywhere. Actually I wanted to know what is the String being returned for
Win 95, 98, 2000, Windows XP, Mac, Unix and Linux.

Is os.name set in Java from the Operating System or the possible values are
already defined by Java?

Any pointers.....

Thanks,
Rajat