ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:43:31 GMT
A little off-topic, but the Preferences API (JDK 1.4+) on Windows accesses
the Windows registry, and has a flush() method... But of course they use
native methods (in the VM I guess) to access it. Looks like one could hack
the use of the native methods already part of JDK 1.4 using reflection, but
that would be difficult and not advisable... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Weidner [mailto:eric.weidner@ejbsolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 1:06 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box

We are using jRegistryKey and we wrote wrappers around it to provide
easy registry path manipulation.  The problem with using Java to
manipulate the registry is that we haven't found a way to flush the
changes like you can with InstallShield, etc so they are available
immediately.  Thus the user has to go flush them manually by going into
the env var dialog and hitting ok, or you have to request a reboot.

http://www.beq.ca/downloads/jreg/

Eric