ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject New competition for Ant on the block
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:35:51 GMT
Might be bit provocative to post this on an Ant forum, but I've just come
across an Ant-like (or maybe I should say Make-like) build tool project
managed by the creator of VIM, the best text editor in the world ;-) (or is
that emacs? ;-)

Seems quite a bit different that Ant, but it's always healthy to look at the
good ideas of other projects in the same realm too. Seems like it uses
Python as a cross-platform alternative to shelling-out like in Make, kind of
like Java is used in Ant. It's currently not cross language (C-only), but
clearly intends to be.

Just an FYI I guess: http://www.a-a-p.org/index.html

--DD