ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Passing classpath information between build scripts
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:22:48 GMT
Try this approach (if I understood you correctly). --DD

--- common.xml ---
<path id="common-classpath">
</path>

--- specific1/build.xml
&common;

<path id="classpath">
  ... specific part
  <path refid="common-classpath"/>
</path>

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Rathnow [mailto:dave.rathnow@wrx-ca.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:06 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Passing classpath information between build scripts

I've got a directory hierarchy with a number of different projects under it.
All the project share a "common" build script that they invoke from a
"private" build script under thier own project directory.  All the common
jars and zips are included in a classpath built in the common build
script but each project has additions to the classpath.  I would like the
specific build script to somehow construct this classpath and then
pass it into the common build script.

Can anyone suggest how to do this?  I would like something similar
to refid's but this doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Dave.

W. Dave Rathnow
Wireless Matrix Corporation