ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: generating manifest classpath
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:22:41 GMT
You're not reading me Dean ;-)

If you have:

--- build.properties ---
lib = SRC/LIB

--- build.xml ---
<property file="build.properties" />
<property name="lib.dir" location="${lib}" />
<echo message="lib = ${lib}" />
<echo message="lib.dir = ${lib.dir}" />

You'll see the output:

lib = SRC/LIB
li.dir = d:\something\something\SRC\LIB

Does that make it clearer??? --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Hiller [mailto:dhiller@avaya.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 4:18 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: generating manifest classpath

actually, that is not what I am having trouble with.  My properties come
from an outside properties file where someone has defined ${lib}= SRC/LIB
I am on windows though and I use
<map from="${basedir}${fileseparator}${lib}${fileseparator}" to=""/>
Notice that the from equates to "d:\something\something\SRC/LIB\" so I never
get a match because the jar files will be "d:\something\something\SRC\LIB"
becuase I am on windows. I am not sure how to get around this without moving
the property to the XML file itself which I don't really want to do.  I
think I am stuck with an unclean solution here of moving my property to the
XML file unless someone else has any ideas.  Is there some kind of task to
modify all the file separators in a property to
the current os file separator?
thanks for your help Dominique,
Dean

Dominique Devienne wrote:

> This is the part you need then (and it's subsequent use when the jar-dir
> property is de-referenced)=. Cheers, --DD
>
> <!-- Use intermediate property with location attribute instead of
>      using ${jar} directly to ensure <pathconvert>'s <map> works fine...
-->