ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Manifest version handling with ANT
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 19:49:37 GMT
Simply use one property per number with <propertyfile>, incrementing any one
of these independently as pleases you, and build the full version number by
composing the other numbers. Or did I miss something? --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Holmqvist, IT, Posten [mailto:christian.holmqvist@posten.se]

Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 4:48 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Manifest version handling with ANT

Hi

Is there a way (without having to implement my own targets) to handling this
scenario

1. Retrive the version number from a manifest file (i.e. the normal version
property)
2. calculate the next version number (i.e. be able to choose to step either
one of the version parts one step up).
3. Write the new version number to the manifest file.

I have figured out how to do it with the version as an integer but not with
the version number indicated like this?

/Christian Holmqvist