ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Re[2]: is command line input possible when running <java>?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:07:30 GMT
Is there scope to put an AWT/Swing interface on your app that will handle the input?
Not trivial, I know, but in the absence of other suggestions ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: 19 November 2002 16:04
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re[2]: is command line input possible when running <java>?

Hello Edward,

Unless I'm mistaken, the <input> task allows input to set properties
in ant.  This does not address a running java program that requires
it's own input *after* the app is already running.  Keep in mind, this
app doesn't perform anything Ant related.  It is just a demo app that
I can run from the command line and I want to know if I can launch it
from within Ant and provide input to it there just like I could if I
launch it directly on the command line outside of Ant.  So far, it
doesn't look like it is possible.  Any other comments?

Jake

Best regards,