ant-user mailing list archives

From "Narayanan, Gopalakrishnan" <gna...@exchange.ml.com>
Subject RE: Making 20 ejb jars....
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:16:55 GMT
Try putting all the deployment-descriptors under a root directory(ofcourse with the ejb-jar
naming convention) and invoke ejb-jar.
ejb-jar task is supposed to automatically discover classes(as long as you provide a source
root )and build ejb-jars according to the descriptors found.
By this way, u can add as many beans as you want but u donot have to modify the build file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ciramella, E.J. [mailto:EJ.Ciramella@workscape.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 2:12 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Making 20 ejb jars....

Has anyone had to jar up multiple ( > 20) ejb's into individual jars?  Currently, we have
a jar task in a separate build, and then we call that task from within another build file
(one ant task for
each ejb, passing in the name of each ejb).  That's right, at each stage of the build process
(there are three), the hard coded list of ejb's grows (and they are slightly redundant).

Any clever ways to avoid this and build ejb jars sort of "blindly", without hard coding the
ejb's into the ant scripts?