ant-user mailing list archives

From "Soer J." <J.S...@gasunie.nl>
Subject Hiding input variable..
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:28:48 GMT
I have the following question:

Can I hide the input a user is giving me ?

I use the input task to ask the user to type the password for the database
(while I don't want to store the db password in the database...). When the
user types, the password is shown in the screen and that is not really the
security I want. Is it possible to hide the typing ? (Just like in e.g. SQL
Plus) Or is there another way to prevent that the password is shown ?

Regards,

Jan Soer
Software Engineer
SchlumbergerSema Nederland BV

Tel.: +31 294 239 500
Fax.: +31 294 239 501
Mob.: +31 614196595
mailto: jsoer@slb.com
http://www.schlumbergersema.com/

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views and opinions presented are
SchlumbergerSema. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify SchlumbergerSema by
telephone +31 294 239 500.

This communication is intended only for use by the addressee. It may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you receive this communication
unintentionally, please let us know by reply immediately. Gasunie does not
guarantee that the information sent with this E-mail is correct and does not
accept any liability for damages related thereto.