ant-user mailing list archives

From "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n.premku...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Naming build files
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:43:41 GMT
HI David:

I use a technique which is slightly different ....

I have a MasterBuild.xml that defines most of the tasks

and I have MyProjectBuild1.xml ... that would override properties that are
project specific (like directories .. includes.. excludes etc)and every
project specific build files would have a stub code that looks like below

	<target name="defaultTarget" depends="init" description="Invokes
appropreate task in Master" >
	  <echo message="Entering defaultTarget PolluxBuild.xml"/>
	  	<ant antfile="${masterBuildFilePath}" target="${execTarget}"
inheritAll="true" inheritrefs="true" >
	  	</ant>
	  <echo message="Exiting defaultTarget PolluxBuild.xml"/>
	</target>

User command for deploying MyProject1: ant -buildfile MyProjectBuild1.xml
-DexecTarget=deploy

User command for deploying all projects " ant -buildfile MasterBuild.xml
deploy

Do u see any advantanges/disadvantages in the above approach ?

Prem