ant-user mailing list archives

From "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n.premku...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Problems installing ant
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:06:03 GMT
Comment or change the name jre folders or exe files

1. Checck if a microsoft-jre/jvm exists in your system - comment jre
folders.
2. If you have Oracle installed in your system then go to
ProgramFiles/Oracle and comment the jre found there - comment jre.
3. -- similar to above for all the tools that come with bundled jre--
comment the jre folders in them.

Thx
Premkumar.N

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 November 2002 4:22 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Problems installing ant

Does your CLASSPATH environment variable end in a backslash (\) ? If so,
remove it.

I had a similar problem, I "fixed" it by changing the ant.bat script to
remove the quotes around the classpath in the call to java, but I didn't
understand why my fix worked (indeed I would have expected it to break
things rather than fix them). Someone (some months ago) pointed out on this
list that this is a "feature" of Java and its environment string-parsing on
Win2k.

Keith