ant-user mailing list archives

From "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n.premku...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: is command line input possible when running <java>?
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:26:17 GMT
use something like
cmd line:
 ant  -DmyParam="myValue1 myValue2"

and inside java task use this myParam .. it will be passed to java task

Prem

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 November 2002 11:36 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: is command line input possible when running <java>?

Hi,

I'm running some demos from my ant build file with the <java> task.   A
couple of the demos are gui apps and I've had no problem with
them.  However, now I have an app that takes command line input and it
doesn't seem to be able to take any user input from the console.  Is there
a way to make this work for <java>?  Are there other tasks in Ant that will
allow this?  Any suggestions?  Of course a user can just run it from the
command line, but I'd like to have all the demos available to run via ant
targets.

Jake