ant-user mailing list archives

From "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n.premku...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Java compiler runs out memory
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:21:37 GMT
Have anyone used SYMANTECH compiler successfully ?

I am getting the following error "-sourcepath" unknown commandline option

any clues how to avoid that?

Thanks
Prem

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 November 2002 11:02 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Java compiler runs out memory

----- Original Message -----
From: "P.S.Mahesh" <psmahesh@cisco.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 8:54 AM
Subject: Java compiler runs out memory

> Hi folks.
>
> How can I make a recursive compilation without ant or the javac compiler
> throwing a memory exception.

you must have a really big and complex set of source files, and maybe you
are using java1.3 or earlier; that javac version leaked more

>         <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}">

try

<javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}" debug="true" fork="true"
/>

Also, if you do have a lot of java files, try switching to the jikes
compiler, that is much faster