ant-user mailing list archives

From "PREMKUMAR, N [AG/8042]" <n.premku...@monsanto.com>
Subject Inherit / Override properties in a sub-project
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:29:44 GMT
Hi all:

   How do I inherit and/or override properties in a sub-project ?

   Say .. a company has defined standards like...

   1. All the projects code will be under : /usr/projects/
	e.g: /usr/projects/MyProj1
	     /usr/projects/MyProj2 etc ...

2.All projects need to share a common set of .jar files in their classpath
	e.g: /usr/projects/common_Jars/**/*.jar
	     /usr/projects/common_Jars/**/*.zip

    and "MyProject1" will be at /usr/projects/MyProj1..

Objective:

  1>>>. I want to define properties that are COMMON accross all projects..
in a single Master.xml

    e.g common props: root_project_dir , common_jar_list etc..

  2>>>. In a project specific build file.. eg: MyProject1.xml I want to
inherit the common properties from Master.xml and either use them as-such or
override them.. (as applicable)

How can I achieve that ?

Thanks for your help.

Prem