ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel L. Boxwell" <Boxwel...@C-IV.org>
Subject grep functionality
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:03:38 GMT
I am looking for functionality in ANT that will allow me to define a list of forbidden strings
and then grep for them throughout my source tree. In particular, I would like to be able to
search for strings such as

	- System.out.println()
	- connection.commit()
	- etc. . .

Checkstyle will allow me to look for forbidden instantiations such as java.lang.Boolean, but
that doesn't really solve my problem. . . I had originally thought of using the ReplaceRegExp
task, but this task and all other regular expression based tasks I have found seem to be replacement
oriented. Ideally I would have the ability to fail a build if a forbidden string crept into
the code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope that I am just overlooking something simple!

Thanks,

--Dan