ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexei Betin" <ABe...@futuretrade.com>
Subject RE: How to break up file-build.xml and execute them together as optional
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:45:31 GMT
in my approach I use 2 kinds of "global" files:

one category is for shared properties and targets,
these files contain the real smarts of your build,
- such files are included by individual project
build.xml files using normal XML ENTITY include,
so the build.xml's are dumb - just a bunch of
<property> sets & includes,

then there are global "drivers" - buildfiles
which are used to invoke a series of individual build.xml's,
these usually also dumb - just a bunch of <ant> calls

dynamically chosing what to run is done
with setting (or not) a property and then
putting a condition on a target (
<target name="dowork" if="dowork.enabled" ... /> )

hope it helps,
~Alexei