ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:41:57 GMT
I think Steve's suggestion of creating registry scripts from ant and
exec'ing them is a great approach.  Keeps everything "ant-like" even if it
is platform specific.

If you require deeper access into the registry, and can tolerate putting a
DLL where JNI can find it, you might look at

http://www.trustice.com/java/jnireg/

I made use of this code for a now-defunct application (and company!), but
it was relatively easy to grok and use for read-access to the windows
registry.  I know it worked on '95, '98, NT4.0 and W2K - I have no idea
about the later Windows releases.

I don't think putting an Ant task around this would be too difficult, but,
unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to do so.

If this is of any interest, you can reply to me directly if I can help.

         Ken