ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Lee <...@patlee.org>
Subject cvschangelog slowness
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:26:24 GMT
I have a strange problem with using cvschangelog task. The command
eventually finishes but it is very slow. I have been using the
cvs2cl.pl script (http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl) and it parses the
same "cvs log" output to create its change log.

Processing 2,200 files cvs2cl.pl is done in about 2-3 minutes but ANT
cvschangelog takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes. Normal CVS checkout
from that machine is pretty quick so there's no communication issues
between it and the CVS server.

All I want is change log for the previous day!

     <cvschangelog dir="zzz"
                   destfile="changelog.xml"
                   daysinpast="1"
     />

CVS version on the client and server are both 1.11.1p1.

Here's the verbose output:

$ ant -v -f change.xml
Apache Ant version 1.5.1 compiled on October 2 2002
Buildfile: change.xml
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: /usr/j2sdk1.4.0/jre
Detected OS: Linux
parsing buildfile change.xml with URI = file:/home/build/change/change.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/build/change
Build sequence for target `changelog' is [changelog]
Complete build sequence is [changelog]

changelog:
[cvschangelog] ChangeLog command: [cvs log "-d >=2002-11-04"]

It hangs here for a long time, and then finishes!

Ideas?

--
Patrick Lee <pat@patlee.org>