ant-user mailing list archives

From sharon Stanfill <shar...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject RE: JUnitReport - more info to display?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:10:44 GMT
Well, actually, from an upper level management viewpoint, you shouldn't
need to see the
details, but be able to track that the testing was done. And, at least in
some areas of
government work, there are various requirements involving
proving/documenting that
testing was done.
At 08:49 AM 11/1/2002 +0000, Keith Hatton wrote:
>I agree about what's important - but in reality, my cynicism kicks in, and
>the project manager suddenly wants to see "Unit Test Reports" (like, I
>thought, unit testing was checking that your code met the design at a
>fine-grained level, so what is there to report if it works?).
>
>It's just that I don't see the value (to anyone other than the developer)
>of a list of test methods and the word "passed" next to them. Surely you
>need to understand what each test case was to get value out of such a report?
>
>Keith

Sharon Stanfill
Group 31 (BMD/Systems Analysis)
Lincoln Laboratory