ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Task to generate indexes
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:57:01 GMT
This might be overkill, but Cocoon could do this for you with its
directory listing generator and some XSLT to turn that into HTML.  It
would be a big job to learn Cocoon just for this task though.

The simplest approach would be to write a Java class that had an
execute() method in it and use that as a custom Ant task.  You could
then add setters for parameters you want to pass as attributes (like a
directory, use java.io.File as the setter type).  Then write the
directory structure out as XML and then use <xslt> to turn that into HTML.

So I'm seconding your desired solution, unless you wanted to brave
Cocoon's learning curve.

	Erik

joshy@joshy.org wrote:
> I want to generate an index html file for several thousand images.
> I already have the thumbnails images, so I just want to autogenerate the page using the
directory listing and some XSLs. What would be the