ant-user mailing list archives

From "Beton, Richard" <richard.be...@roke.co.uk>
Subject How to strip 'assert' statements
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:31:23 GMT
Hi all,

I have been seeking a way to remove assert statements from source code
(... a copy of the source code, of course ...) so that I can compile
JVM1.1 compatible class files. The JDK1.4 compiler will only generate
JVM1.1 class files from source code without assert statements, alas. So
I've been thinking about how this might be done using Ant.

Is there a way to do this already, or do I need to write a task (a
MatchingTask) that operates like 'copy', albeit with the additional
function of stripping asserts?

A related but different activity that I'm interested in is to remove
Log4J debugging from my code using some Ant task. [There is some debate
about leaving the Log4J in place, vs removing it. Without entering that
debate, suffice it to say there may be some (rare) instances where it
helps to remove the Log4J code.] Is there a known way to do this, or is
this something else I might need to develop?

Regards,
Rick

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury,
Bracknell, Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.