ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jerome Lacoste @ BBC" <lacostej...@altern.org>
Subject Re: New User - Problem
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:59:42 GMT
FYale@dacsystems.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am attempting to use Ant to build J2EE tutorial examples as outlined on
>the Sun web site.  My background in Java is very limited, the probable cause
>of my difficulties.
>
>Anyway, here is what I am getting:
>
>C:\j2eetutorial\examples>ant all
>The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
>Buildfile: build.xml

That error message is strange. What is your windows system? Do you use
cywgin (obvisouly not, just want to be sure).
If it's an old system, try using the DOS name for your JAVA_HOME
directory (and perhaps ANT_HOME as well).
If this doens't work, give us more info including but not limited to the
java -version output, the complete PATH description, the version of Ant
used.

Cheers,

Jerome

Jerome