ant-user mailing list archives

From Rolf Schumacher <Rolf.Schumac...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: fileset: exlude a dir not to be touched by ant?
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:19:23 GMT
Thanks, Stefan.
Sorry I'm not so professional in Ant - do not know what you mean by
"File#list".
What I've done is a simle Test:

import java.io.File;
public class Test {
        File[] fs = (new File("C:\\")).listFiles();
        for(int i=0; i<fs.length; i++) {
            System.out.println(fs[i].getAbsolutePath());
        }
    }
}

This lists all top level files correctly without errors.
Including "System Volume Information".
What I thought is that Ant shoulde to stop here, not going further.
It should evalutate the resulting strings (here in fs)
against the filter <exclude name="**\System*\**> (or equiv.)
prior to touching "C:\\System Volume Information".
And than refuse to touch it.

However, if I change my little test and do a touch to that file as in

import java.io.File;
public class Test {
        File f = new File("C:\\System Volume Information");
        if (f.isDirectory()) {
            System.out.println("is directory");
            File[] fs = f.listFiles();
            if ( fs == null ) {
                System.out.println("directory is empty");
            }
        }
    }
}

I got no errors only my message that this directory is empty.

It looks to me as if I don't see the wood for the trees
or Ant touches the File in a more complex way to generate its error.
I'm looking forward to overcome my blindness or crack this damn thing.

Rolf