ant-user mailing list archives

From Anakreon Mejdi <>
Subject Re: Apply/Exec
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:33:17 GMT
I think it could handle it.
apply knows in which OS is running and from a configuration (stored in
ant.jar) could know how many parameters the OS can receive.
For  example lets say that an OS can take 10 params
and 3 are passed as <arg> from the apply taks.
So we have 7 params which can use.
 From the fileset we have 100 files.
What apply could do is to split the 100 files into portions of 7
and for each 7 params execute the process.

In my case I know how many files will be passed but this is not always
possible which would make parallel attribute useless.