ant-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Keller <jhkel...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject Re: Project.java
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:11:59 GMT

We had the same issue and we solved it like this:

At the top of the build.xml file, we added an XML DOCTYPE definition:

<!DOCTYPE project [
<!ENTITY common SYSTEM "../support/commonbuild.xml">
]>

Later in the file, we put

&common;

This includes the file in the stream prior to parsing.

The file referenced (in this case commonbuild.xml) is an incomplete XML
document on its own.  Is is only the part you want to include.

Hope this helps.

David McTavish wrote:

>Does anybody have an example of over-riding this file so that it can load a
>template build.xml first?
>
>Basically, I have methods that I re-use over and over and over again, and
>when I make a small change to them, I have having to make that change in 10
>other build scripts. What I'd like to do, is add a new property to the
><project> tag that will load another build.xml file and add the targets in
>that external file into this one.
>
>I have an idea of how to do this, but am wondering if anybody here has
>already done so?
>
>thx,
>d.
>
>--