ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Saxtoft" ...@sondagsavisen.dk>
Subject Problems installing ant
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:13:45 GMT
Hi

I have installed Ant on several computers without any problem. Now I
have ran into a little problem and I have been looking in all my
settings and can't find anything wrong.
I've got a JAVA_HOME, an ANT_HOME and classpath and path set. But when I
write Ant in the command line it seems like it tries to run java.exe
instead of Ant. I get the below message:
C:\>ant
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client       to select the "client" VM
    etc., etc.

If I remove the java installation, I get this message instead:
 Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
   If build fails because sun.* classes could not be found
   you will need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable
   to the installation directory of java.

So it seems like it finds my ANT_HOME.

Could somebody please give me a clue to leed me back on the right
(class)path.

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Saxtoft