ant-user mailing list archives

From "Klein, Scott @ TW" <scott.kl...@L-3com.com>
Subject RE: conditions and property's
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:29:45 GMT
Sorry, I thought I had explained that. I am trying to make multiple calls to
a 'generic' target (see example below), but have the execution of said
target be based on a property. This means that a property must be able to be
"unset". Note that since Ant doesn't support if/else I assume that the only
way to do this is with properties.

Here is an example:

	<target name="copyFile" if="copy.file.exists">
		<copy file="${copy.from.filename}"
tofile="${copy.to.filename}" overwrite="true" />
	</target>

	<target name="moveStuffAround" depends="moreMoving">
		<uptodate property="copy.from.filename"
value="${FROM_DIR}\${USER_FILE}" />
		<uptodate property="copy.to.filename"
value="${TO_DIR}\${USER_FILE}" />
		<condition property="copy.file.exists">
			<available file="${copy.from.filename}" />
		</condition>
		<antcall target="copyFile" inheiritAll="true" />
	</target>

	<target name="moreMoving">
		<uptodate property="copy.from.filename" value="aFile.file"
/>
		<uptodate property="copy.to.filename"
value="anotherFile.file" />
		<condition property="copy.file.exists">
			<available file="${copy.from.filename}" />
		</condition>
		<antcall target="copyFile" inheiritAll="true" />

	</target>

so the problem that arises is that once the 'copy.file.exists' property is
set the call to copyFile will _forever after_ be allowed.

I know Ant can do what I want to do, the question is how efficiently?