ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank Carver <>
Subject RE: Accessing manifest information from within an ant build
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:47:28 GMT

Dominique Devienne <> said:

> I don't think so. Not directly. I'd define a fileset of your JARs, and write
> a small JavaScript to look over it, and use JDK's
> import java.util.jar.*;
> new JarFile(filename).getManifest().getMainAttributes().getValue(
> Almost a one liner ;-) --DD

That looks neat.  Can you expand a little on the "look over it" part.  I don't
know to get the filenames out of a fileset like that, and a variation on this
approach would be a great solution for a couple other problems which have popped
up on this list over the last few weeks.

Frank Carver

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message