ant-user mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kzbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: load a property file based on operating system
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:06:47 GMT
> From: Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org>
> The <condition> element must be specified as a
> nested element of <target>

I figured that would be the answer.  In my particular case it will
work out just fine but in other cases I can see it as being a bit
inconvenient to insist that these properties get set inside a target.

The way my build.xml file is structured, I have a section at the
beginning where I load properties from a file, then set properties
explicitly, then defined my targets.  Properties are loaded from a
file first since they could override the explicit properties and, as
you know, the property takes its value from the first time it is
set.

If it became an issue, I suppose I'd have to have all properties
set from within the "init" target and then have every other target
have it as a dependency.  Seems inconvenient to me.

I'd almost want an attribute of a property that says its value could
be overriden by subsequent <property> calls.

Thanks for your help,
Kevin.