ant-user mailing list archives

From ravi appala <appal...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to break up file-build.xml and execute them together as optional
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:54:55 GMT
I have seen a build processs used in petstore
example,could not understand.You may easily understood
and help me in this regard.

Qtn1. see below example. What is %1,2,3,4? what it is
invoking?

@echo off
set ANT_HOME=../lib/ant
set ANT_CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar
set
ANT_CLASSPATH=%ANT_HOME%/lib/ant.jar;%ANT_HOME%/lib/xml.jar;%ANT_CLASSPATH%
set
ANT_CLASSPATH=%J2EE_HOME%/lib/j2ee.jar;%ANT_CLASSPATH%
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -classpath "%ANT_CLASSPATH%"
-Dant.home=%ANT_HOME% -Dj2ee.home=%J2EE_HOME%
org.apache.tools.ant.Main %1 %2 %3 %4

Qtn2.
How do we invoke targets if the build.xml has more
than one Target with default as "core"? for example
<target name="core" depends="compile_util_classes,
compile_classes, customerejbjar" />
<target name="all" depends="compile_util_classes,
compile_classes, customerejbjar, javadocs" />
<target name="clientjar" dpends= "compile,
compile_classes"/>

Qtn3. if we make ant call, does it expand the
build.xml file with including other files or does it
execute each ant file for each ant file? for example
<target name="core" depends="init">
<ant antfile="${tracer.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${tracer.home}/src" target="core" />
<ant antfile="${customer.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${customer.home}/src" target="core" />
<ant antfile="${personalization.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${personalization.home}/src" target="core" />
    <ant antfile="${inventory.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${inventory.home}/src" target="core" />
    <ant antfile="${signon.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${signon.home}/src" target="core"/>
    <ant antfile="${shoppingcart.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${shoppingcart.home}/src" target="core" />
    <ant antfile="${mail.home}/src/build.xml"
dir="${mail.home}/src" target="core" />
  </target>

Qtn4. How to enable the properties using ant in your
solution

I am sorry if I am asking more questions,but it is
kind of bothering me and I am not
understanding,thought you would help me.

Thanks,
ravi

=====
Thanks,