ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Bruce Lynes <dly...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: Re[2]: JBoss 2.4.x taskdef
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:11:15 GMT
On Friday 15 November 2002 10:10, Jacob Kjome wrote:

> I believe that XDoclet auto-generates the Home and Remote interfaces
> *and* creates the deployment descriptors.  All this is done using
> Javadoc statments.  In fact, XDoclet is just a Doclet for Javadoc.
>
> JBoss provides free documentation and an example with an Ant build
> that uses XDoclet.  You might want to check that out.
>
> http://www.jboss.org/docs/#free-30x

Hrm.  This looks far too complicated for what we need, and requires
considerably more work.  We're already using the JBoss template package for
Forte, so generating the interfaces is really not a big deal.  Using XDoclet
to do the same thing however, would require a larger investment in training,
and would be more prone to mistakes, because there's much more typing
involved.

I'll post an example of my Ant tag in action, so that you might be able to
better see how simple it really is.  I'll post it when I get back from the
office later tonight.