ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re[2]: JBoss 2.4.x taskdef
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:10:06 GMT
Hello Daniel,

I believe that XDoclet auto-generates the Home and Remote interfaces
*and* creates the deployment descriptors.  All this is done using
Javadoc statments.  In fact, XDoclet is just a Doclet for Javadoc.

JBoss provides free documentation and an example with an Ant build
that uses XDoclet.  You might want to check that out.

http://www.jboss.org/docs/#free-30x

The Template and Examples provides the Ant build that uses XDoclet and
the Draft 3 of the getting started guide describes how to use it.

Jake

Friday, November 15, 2002, 11:26:06 AM, you wrote:

DBL> On Friday 15 November 2002 08:36, David Jencks wrote:

>> I can't figure out what this task does and how it differs from xdoclet.

DBL> What does xdoclet do?  And will it allow me to generate my ejb-jars, jboss.xml
DBL> automatically, without a known set of EJB's?

DBL> My JBoss taskdef doesn't require a known set of EJBs.  It only requires a
DBL> known directory that contains EJBs, and will recursively grab them.  The only
DBL> requirement is that the Home interface, Remote interface and Session beans
DBL> all end in Home, Remote, and Session, respectively, and that they all bare
DBL> the same class root name.

DBL> --

Best regards,