ant-user mailing list archives

From "Patricia Watt" <pw...@convera.com>
Subject RE: Naming build files
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:40:50 GMT
We have separate build files for sub-components that get re-used in various independent components.
 We use the <ant> task to execute tasks from the sub-component build files, and it works
just fine.

Tricia

-----Message d'origine-----
De : SimonRichardson2@hbosts.com [mailto:SimonRichardson2@hbosts.com]
Envoyé : 26 novembre, 2002 12:31
À : ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : RE: Naming build files

I'm pleased to hear someone ask this question.

We're considering splitting our single build file into more manageable units as the size and
complexity of our project is now being reflected in a large and increasingly more complex
build file.

I like the prospect of using and embedding smaller build files using XML ENTITY include:-
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=103768806331229&w=2

Or, using the <ant> task to make calls to 'other' build files:-
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=103790411410183&w=2

Which may be the better option - given the apparent bugs in the XML ENTITY include method
(FAQ's)?

In any event this modular approach does appear at first glance to offer some benefits - making
our build files smaller and more manageable, also a degree of modularity.  But from what Dominique
is saying there are also some issues to resolve.  Has anyone tried this and if so are there
any benefits? - I'd like to know before I split our buildfile up.

Regards

Simon

For more information on HBOS Treasury Services, please visit http://www.HBOSTS.com

Or for details of our online FX & Deposit services, please go to http://www.HBOSdeal.com

HBOS Treasury Services plc is part of the HBOS Group, which also includes Halifax plc and
Bank of Scotland.
Registered Office: 33 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HZ. Registered No. 2692890. Registered
in England.
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee
only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the
originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to
leaving the HBOS Treasury Services plc network. HBOS Treasury Services plc will not be liable
for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.

HBOS Treasury Services plc reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to
and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use
of its system and ensuring its effective operation.