ant-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Archiving Question
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:54:33 GMT
I've got a directory that contains a variable number of month-based subdirectories plus an
archive directory.  Each month-based subdirectory holds documents for a given month, so the
name of the subdirectory is in the form of 'MMYY' (1002, 1102, etc).  All the files in a given
month-based subdirectory are archived in a similarly-named zip file located in the archive
directory (that is, the files in the 1002 subdirectory are archived in a 1002.zip archive,
etc.)

What I'd like to do is periodically run an Ant script that updates the zip files in the archive
directory.  Also, as time passes additional month-based subdirectories are created by a backend
application, so new zip files must also be periodically created.

I'm trying to avoid writing a special task for this.  It seems like Ant can probably do this,
but I can't figure out how.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Terry